As the manufacturer of the electric ball valve for 22 years, BCST is always available to assist you in selecting a high-quality electric ball valve. It is according to the requirements of your project. The aim of BCST is offering about valve solutions to clients.
The following guide is the discussion about the FAQs regarding the electric ball valve:
What is an electric ball valve?
The electric ball valve is the kind of ball valve whose working is through the usage of the electric actuator. As the name shows, an actuator gets powered by electrical energy. The electric ball valve occupies the ball in a hollow shape that starts turning to 90 degrees angle for opening or blocking the flowing fluid. Primarily, the electric ball valve is used for fluid controlling applications. The flowing fluid begins with the electric ball valve when the ball’s hole is in a parallel direction to the flowing medium. The popularity of the electric ball valve is because of its reliability and longer lifespan only if you follow the instructions of the electric ball valve‘s manufacturer.
What are different types of electric ball valves?
Electric Actuated Ball Valve:
In this type of electric ball valve, the ball valves are assembled along with the actuators. The electric actuated ball valve is highly compact in design and offers high torques as an output. The plating is of Brass and Nickel on the electric actuated ball valve. It is reliable and available at reasonable pricing.
Explosion-proof Electric Ball Valve
It is the kind of electrical ball valve in which the ball keeps rotating at 90 degrees. The main feature of the explosion-proof electric ball valve is of delivering high sealing performance. This electric ball valve doesn’t explode quickly even when working in extreme conditions, such as in LPG and gas industries.
Electric V port Ball Valve
It is highly flexible for controlling fluid and allows you to customize the V-port angle depending on the regulation and flow rate requirements. You can get feedback or receive signals from the electric actuators. The electric V-port ball valve is compatible with the various controlling systems that assist in automation.
What are the parts of the electric ball valve?
All the internal parts of the electric ball valve are present in the valve body. The design of the valve body has to be relatively strong according to the industrial application.
It is the seal whose placement is around the stem to avoid any leakages of the fluids
The bonnet is placed on the top of the valve body that protects the inner parts of the electric gate valve. It also brings enhancement in terms of tight sealing along with the valve body. The bonnet of the electric valve needs to be of a similar material to the valve body. It will assure the Compatibility for being strong without any impact on the valve body or bonnet. It will guarantee you tight sealing.
These are the discs whose position is between the valve body and the ball. The purpose of the seats in the electric ball valve is to facilitate along with the seal between the ball and valve body. It is also helpful in terms of providing support to the ball.
The internal part of the electric ball valve is designed along with the hole placed in the center. It is the passage for the flowing fluid. The connection of the ball is along with the stem. So, it starts rotating along with the ball.
It is the component connected with the electric actuator at the top and the ball at the bottom. The stem aims to transmit the actuator’s force toward the ball. So, you can switch off and on the electric ball valve.
How is the working of the electric ball valve work?
The electric ball valve uses the ball and the hole in the center. The positioning of the hole in the ball is for determining the closing of the electric ball valve. It starts to open whenever fluid starts to flow. In the electric ball valve, the connection of the ball is along with the stem. The connecting of the stem is along with the actuator.
Working of the electric ball valve:
- When the electric actuator starts rotating the stem at a 90 degrees angle, the stems begin to turn the ball—the ball’s direction in a similar direction to the flowing fluid. The fluid starts to flow throughout the electric ball valve.
- The actuator starts rotating in an anticlockwise direction to stop the flowing fluid at 90 degrees. It rotates the stem simultaneously, and the ball starts turning at a 90-degree angle in an anticlockwise direction to stop the fluid. Therefore, you can use the electric ball valve for on/off the flowing fluid in the applications. If you use the electric ball valve for regulating applications under high-pressure applications, then it can damage the seats.
What are the applications of the electric ball valve?
- Processing food and beverages
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Treatment of water and irrigating system
- In manufacturing industries, including plastics, chemicals, and steel.
- Use in the exchangers of heat
- Oil and gas industries
- Washing machines and dishwashers
What are the troubleshooting issues in the electric ball valve?
Leakages at the connectivity of the threads, screws, or bolts:
- Threads are present in an improper manner. You need to check the electric ball valve for the accurate sizing of the screws, bolts, and threads.
- The sealant of the thread is insufficient. Install the thread connection again by following the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Over-tightening of the thread joint can split the connector. It is better to replace the connector at the end and accurately apply the torque to prevent damage.
Rotation of the electric actuator only in a single direction:
- Losing or disconnection of the block wires at the terminal. Must check the wires and correct them as soon as possible.
- Failure of the components in the control board. Inspection of the components is necessary, and rewiring or replacing of the board.
Leakages at the union nuts:
- Misalignment of the electric ball valve along with the end connector. Alignment of the end connectors in a proper manner.
- Displacement or damage of the O-rings. Inspect and replace the damaged O-rings for any damages, whether it is chemical or physical. Also, clean if there are any particles inside the groove.
- Losing the union nuts, so tighten them as early as possible.
The electric actuator is unable to work:
- No proper or loose connection of the capacitor. Check the wiring diagram of the manufacturer and correct all the connections.
- Losing or disconnection of the block wires at the terminal. Inspect the wires and connect them again.
- Damaging the motor or not working correctly. Examine the voltage of the motor and follow the recommendations of the manufacturer. Change the motor if it is necessary.
Leakages at the stem of the electric ball valve:
- Damaging of the stem O-ring. Check its Compatibility along with the medium.
- Obstructions in the ball. Look for the solid particles blocking the ball and clean it.
- Breaking of the stem. The end connectors of the electric ball valve and start inspecting the stem. Change the stem if it is necessary.
What's the purpose of using the electric ball valve?
The actual usage of the electric ball valve is for controlling the flow of various liquids and gases. It is the system for transporting the medium, whether it allows it or blocks it from flowing through the pipelines. The electric ball valve can open and turn at different angles. It allows the fluids to flow easily in the pipes. Even the controlling of the opening and closing of the electric ball valve is from the control panel. So, it is easier to manage and handle the flowing fluid.
How can you test the quality of the electric ball valve?
Being a manufacturer, you need to test the functionalities of the electric ball valve before proceeding. One of the testing methods includes the testing pressure method. You have to install the electric ball valve in its place. Target the electric ball valve to open or close under high-pressure conditions. The fluid keeps flowing when it is at high pressure during the opening or closing of the electric ball valve. The electric ball valve has to be of high quality easily without interruptions. After passing the quality testing, you can proceed to the packaging and distributing of the electric ball valve.
The electric ball valve’s actual purpose is to control the flowing of fluids or gases through the ball and turn it to a 90-degree angle. BCST is always offering new and high-quality electric ball valve. To know more about electric ball valve, you can email the official email address of BCST. The customer representatives are available to resolve your queries and deliver information about the electric ball valve. At BCST, there is the best design and manufacturing of the electric ball valve according to your requirements.