The commitment of BCST to bring innovation in the manufacturing of the valves. The main objective of BCST is not only high-quality and different types of valves like electric gate valve. But as well as become the provider of automated solutions.
Now, let us go through the detailed description of the electric gate valve:
What is an electric gate valve?
The electric gate valve points to the linearly moving of the electric gate valve actuator. It is from the signal controlling and electrical voltage to manage the opening and closing of the gate valve. The electric gate valve assists in achieving the remote control, causing a reduction in labour costs and increasing the efficiency in productivity. The electric gate valve typically uses cut-off valves, particularly for the connection or cut-off of the medium in the pipeline. The choice of the electric gate valve is appropriate for the medium and larger diameter of the pipelines.
What are the types of electric gate valve?
Electric hydraulic gate valve:
This electric gate valve has the availability of hydraulic actuation and requires less force production compared to the pneumatic actuators. The electric hydraulic gate valve selection is just according to the selection of the parameters necessary for your application.
Electric Knife Gate Valve
You can also name it the mud or slurry valve. The gate is the main component for closing and opening the valve. The moving direction of the date is directly adjacent to the fluid, and the cutting of the medium is from the gate (blade-shaped). It can cut the fibre materials. The electric knife gate is of small size, along with a slowly flowing resistance.
What are the design features of the electric gate valve?
An electric gate valve is the gate valve that consists of the electric actuator for controlling the opening and closing of the valve. The structural division of the electric gate valve is into the upper and lower part. In the upper part, there is an electric actuator; in the lower part, there is the body of the electric gate valve. After completing the installation and debugging, you need to connect the electric actuator and gate valve, and then the electric gate valve is formed. It utilizes electrical energy to handle the opening and closing operations of the valve. It controls the circulation and interceptions of the flowing medium through the pipeline. You can easily adjust the switching speed of the electric gate valve. Relatively, the design of the electric gate valve is quite simple and easy to maintain.
Design characteristics of the electric gate valve:
- The electric gate valve accepts the tight pressure sealing, whose sealing performance is impressive and provides reliability.
- The electric gate valve and the universal roof structure in the centre also adopt the double gate. It automatically adjusts the angle of sealing between the valve seat and gate to assure the sealing operations of the electric gate valve. At similar timings, the electric gate valve’s whole structure is suitable for maintenance and saving costs.
- The surface of the sealing of the valve seat and gate is of Cobalt-Aluminum-Tungsten that is cemented by carbide through the welding of the plasma spray. The hardness of the sealing surface is high and resistant to corrosion. It increases the lifespan of the electric gate valve.
- The stem of the electric gate valve is also of nitride steel and surface. It consists of high-level hardness and delivers better performances and a longer lifetime.
- The electrical device in the electric gate valve has a torque controlling mechanism along with operating on the site and switching electrically. It also can handle operations remotely. It is suitable for those situations where manual working is hard to manage or complex in the pipeline system.
- Initially, when using the electric gate valve for the first time, it is essential to open itmanually for approximately half of the position. So, it avoids the electric gate valve from damaging because of the reverse connectivity of motor phasing sequences.
What is the working principle of the electric gate valve?
The electric gate valve receives power through the electrical energy for turning on the electrical actuator. It is for driving the electric gate valve and connection of the valve stem for driving the plate in upward and downward directions, even for opening and closing operations. So, the electric gate valve can handle the switch of the medium present in the pipeline. Now you can control it remotely whenever adding in the control box along with the accessories. It is simple to manage and doesn’t cause any trouble.
Type of the actuators in the electric gate valve:
There are two types of actuators available for the electric gate valve:
· Angular-stroke electric actuator:
It connects the angular stroke valve to rotate the electric gate valve internally at 90 degrees angle. It is for controlling the flow inside the pipeline.
· Straight-stroke electric actuator:
Its purpose is for the connection along with the straight-stroke to make the valve plat up and down. It is for controlling the on-off of the fluid in the pipeline. This type of actuator is available along with the equipment with the highest degree of mechanization.
Switching on the electric gate valve:
When the electric gate valve rises to the height equal to the 1:1 diameter of the valve, the channel of the fluid opens completely. Moreover, it is impossible to monitor the working of the electric gate valve. While using the electric gate valve, the purpose of the apex stem is for completely opening, and it is in a fixed position.
Switching off the electric gate valve:
The surface of the sealing is dependent on the medium pressure. It is for sealing the pressure medium and pushing the sealing surface towards the other side of the electric gate valve. It is entirely for the sealing purposes that you can call self-sealing. In most electric gate valve, there are sealing forcefully in which the external pressure starts pushing the wedge towards the seat to assure the sealing.
What are the characteristics of the electric gate valve in terms of structure?
- The shape is quite simple, the length of the structure is short, the manufacturing procedures are good enough, and the application range is vast.
- There are two sealing faces inside the ram. The common one is the wedge shape, which forms through the two sealing faces. The changes in the wedge shape depend on the parameters of the electric gate valve; usually, it is 5 degrees.
- There is a sealing principle of the electric gate valve that you can achieve by tightly combining the two sealing faces. One is on the wedge gate, and the other is on the valve body while wedging.
- The division of the electric gate valve is into the open gate valve (actually lofting gate valve) and dark gate valve ( rotating rod gate valve). These both are according to the various ways depending on the closing and opening of the valve stem.
- The channel for the medium inside the electric gate valve is very smooth along with the small flow co-efficient. There are fewer chances of erosion on the sealing surfaces.
- There is no limit in the flowing direction of the medium without any disturbances and pressure reduction.
- The electric gate valve adopts graphic packing that provides flexibility. It is for facilitating along with the reliability in terms of the sealing. It also brings elasticity to the working of the electric gate valve.
- The whole sealing surface of the electric gate valve is of steel or hard alloy. It makes the seal resistant to good wearing and scratches.
What are the advantages of using the electric gate valve?
- There is no restriction in the flowing direction present in the electric gate valve. The medium easily flows from any direction and side of the electric gate valve. Even you can use it for on/off operations. The electric gate valve is appropriate for pipelines with a change of medium.
- The resistance of the fluid is relatively small. The inner channel of the valve body is straightforward. There are no changes in the medium and its direction whenever flowing in the electric gate valve. Itis because the opening and closing of the electric gate valve save the labour force. While the opening and closing of the electric gate valve, the moving direction of the gate corresponds to the direction of the flowing medium
- You can divide the structure of the electric gate valve into the rising stem valve and non-rising stem gate valves.
After going through all the information about the electric gate valve, you must be willing to place your order. For more understanding, you can visit the official site of BCST, and representatives are available to assist you in every way possible. The whole technical staff is also present to guide you about the electric gate valve and how you can use it for your upcoming projects.