A bellow seal valve safeguards leakage in multiple piping systems. It minimizes the risk of chemical damage to the workers and surrounding environments. It is suitable for various industrial applications to reduce chemical damage.
What Is A Bellow Seal Valve?
A bellow seal valve/ zero leakage valve/ emission-free valve eliminates valve leakage for multiple industrial applications and is a long accordion-like tube in conventional gland packing. A metallic bellow cartridge joins the valve bonnet at one end and the stem at the other end. It has no sliding or rotating seal through which fluid can pass through. Hence, fluid enters the valve via the seat of the valve and comes in contact with the bellow without coming in connection with the stem. Generally, bellow seal valves create a hermetic seal, offer impermeable barriers, work efficiently under challenging environments, and are suitable for corrosive industrial applications.
What Is The Working Principle Of A Bellow Seal Valve?
An accordion-like metal tube is attached to the valve stem and bonnet, and it creates a leakage-proof seal with negligible friction. These accordion ribs stretch and compress the bellow seal with a sliding stem’s linear motion. This uninterrupted metal tube prevents all kinds of leakages in the system. A port serves as a connecting point for processing fluid leakage on its extended bonnet. Once connected to a detection sensor, it sounds on/off the alarm in a ruptured bellow seal valve. One ends welded to the valve system, and the other is linked to the protective tube.
What Are The Applications Of A Bellow Seal Valve?
A bellow seal valve is suitable for a variety of industrial applications. It is a part of safe fluid system operation for different industrial applications.
- Chemical processing
- Fossil power
- Nuclear power
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Vacuum and ultra-high vacuum
- Food and beverages industries
- Water treatment plant
- Fertilizer manufacturing industries
- Plastic manufacturing industries
- Paints and adhesive manufacturing industries
You can also use bellow seal valves for other industrial units. Contact our certified engineers to choose the right type of valves to meet your industrial requirements.
What Are The Benefits Of A Bellow Seal Valve?
A bellow seal valve is a high-performance device protecting leakage in multiple piping systems. It offers numerous benefits to your industrial unit to meet your requirements.
- Prevent potentially harmful or toxic fugitive emission
- Reduce the amount of loss of material during operation
- Reduce material cost
- Increase throughput
- Reduce the risk of chemical damage to employees and the environment
- Offer excellent resistance against the corrosive environment, high temperature, and high pressure
- Offer extra durability and leak-free performance
- Provide reliable sealing and sound design
- Offer friction resistance
- Available in a wide variety of configurations
What Are Common Types Of A Bellow Seal Valve?
There are two types of bellow seal valves:
1# Formed Bellow Seal Valve:
It has a conventional bellow design. It consists of a flat sheet rolled into a tube-like manner and fusion-welded in a length-wise configuration forming a single layer. Usually, multi-ply bellows are made of thin metal layers. The multi-ply bellow seal valves have 6 layers that make them suitable for various industrial applications.
2# Welded Bellow Seal Valve:
Welded bellow seal valves consist of welded washer-like plates of thin metal material. This metal configuration is present at both inner and outer circumferences.
Which Materials Are Compatible With A Bellow Seal Valve?
A bellow seal valve is suitable for a variety of industrial applications. It is reasonable to use where leakage impacts the industrial environment, people, and plant performance. Following materials are compatible with a bellow seal valve:
- Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM)
- Isocyanates (MDI, TDI, HDI)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Benzene (C6H6)
- Heat Transfer fluids (hot oil, dowtherm)
However, if you want to use a bellow seal valve for other intended applications, please inform us at the time of bookings. We have the capacity to meet your expectations.
How To Choose The Best Bellow Seal Valve?
- Ensure that its material is compatible with the system’s operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, and fluid media.
- Always choose a below seal valve made of stainless steel and nickel-based superalloys
- Remember that it must meet wide pressure and temperature ranges from the fluid system. It must range from ASME 150 to 2500 class.
- Check the quality certifications of a bellow seal valve such as EPRI, MSS, API, and ISO.
- Make sure that size of the valve is compatible with the design of the system. Generally, conventional bellow seal valves range from ¼ inch to 4 inches.
The Bottom Line:
We hope this guide will really help you to find the right type of bellow seal valve suitable for your industrial applications. Bellow seal valves are ultra-efficient devices that prevent leakage in different piping systems. We deal with bellow seal valves of variable size, designs, and specifications for various industrial uses. Stay in touch with our team to find exciting deals to customize bellow seal valves.