Professional Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Manufacturer
●Lower operational costs.
●Ease of operation.
●Minimized seat wear.
●Superior sealing performance at high and low pressure.
Get in Touch with Us
BCST your Expert Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Supplier
The trunnion mounted BCST ball valve is a form of quarter-turn valve that uses a hollow, perforated, fixed ball to control flow through it. A pivot-mounted valve means the ball is constrained by bearings and can only rotate. Most of the hydraulic load is carried by system stresses, resulting in low bearing pressure and no shaft fatigue. The line pressure pushes the upstream seat against the stationary ball so that the line pressure forces the upstream seat onto the ball, causing it to seal. Mechanical ball anchor absorbs thrust from line pressures, preventing excessive friction between the ball and the seats, so even at full rated operating pressure, the operating torque remains low. This is particularly advantageous when the ball valve is actuated as it reduces the size of the actuator and therefore the overall cost of the valve actuation assembly.
BCST your One-Stop Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Solution
Widely admired for their extreme versatility, trunnion-mounted ball valves can suit large-scale and high-pressure applications and compact and low-temperature circumstances. In addition, the customizable features, ease of operation, exceptional durability, and various other benefits of trunnion-mounted ball valves allow many different industries to use them. BCST trunnion-mounted ball valves are perfect for multiple applications in oil & gas, pipeline, hydrocarbon, power, and chemical industries.
BCST is a globally recognized China-based trunnion-mounted ball valves supplier and manufacturer. You can visit our website at www.bcstgroup.com to understand more about our products.
Pneumatic Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve
Handwheel Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve
Top Entry Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve
BCST your BEST Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Supplier
BCST is a professional manufacturer with 22 years of experience in production and exporting trunnion-mounted ball. We are a registered global brand, substantially concentrated in flow fluid control and measurement solution. Each trunnion-mounted ball is tested and collaborated by our automatic production line providing complete test certificate ensuring quality of the product.
We supply a one-stop result for inflow dimension and control result. BCST has cooperated with transnational brands like Rotork, Siemens, ABB, and China National Petroleum Corporation. Our products are exported to over 100 countries worldwide.
BCST has enough raw materials in stock and professional technical staff that can quickly realize your unique requirements. In addition, BCST has over 20 times of product history and ten times of export experience. BCST gives you the best solution for trunnion-mounted ball valve applications.
BCST Valve Quality Control For Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve
- Technical software caculation
- Technical team meeting
- CAD drawing confirmation
- Chemical Analysis
- Mechanical Propery
- dimension Checks
- Visual Checks
- Non-destruction Examination
- Shell test
- Sealing test
- Leakage test
- Air test
- Function test
- CNC machining
- Visual checks
- Dimensional checks
- Liquid penetration test
- Surface Polish
- Visual inspection
- Thickness checks
- Visual checks
- Liquid penetration
- Hardness test
- Dimensional checks
- Exported wooden box
Get the Latest Catalogue Now!
BCST Valve Application for Trunnion Valve Ball Valve
Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve -FAQ
What are the benefits of using Trunnion mounted ball valve?
The trunnion mounted ball valve is very famous in the industry of piping. It is just because trunnion mounted ball valves can manage various applications and several mediums such as gasses, liquids, and slurries. Following are the benefits of using the trunnion mounted ball valve:
No limitation of the size:
The trunnion mounted ball valve is present in some sizes. If you have large applications, then two and three-piece trunnion mounted ball valves can house balls of considerable size. The trunnion mounted ball valve with the single unit is for applications with low pressure. Trunnion mounted ball valve is also appropriate for managing the applications working on high-pressure.
The capability of double block and bleed:
One of the prominent benefits of using a trunnion mounted ball valve is double block and bleed. You can use many trunnions mounted ball valves for making the double block and bleed valve. There is also a possibility of adding the bleed body inside the trunnion mounted ball valve to bring improvement in sealing capability. The double block and bleed get the opportunity of flushing the trunnion mounted ball valve under pressure conditions and keep checking the sealing of the seats are correct.
Availability of customization
There are value-adding features in the trunnion mounted ball valve. You can strengthen seats and balls with the help of injections to seal them tightly. There is also a possibility of making bolts and bearings resistant to corrosion to increase the lifespan of the trunnion mounted ball valve. The larger size of the trunnion mounted ball valve is available with the lifting of the lugs.
Easy to operate:
Any additional pressure on the trunnion mounted ball valve is absorbable by the steam and trunnion. This shows that the trunnion mounted ball valve requires torque operating at low-level and an actuator of small size. It decreases the cost and makes the trunnion mounted ball valve simple to use. You can also repair, clean, replace and maintain the trunnion mounted ball valve without any difficulty. Only remove a single part of the trunnion mounted ball valve for the accessibility of the rest working parts.
Seats loading with the spring:
In the trunnion mounted ball valve, the pressure from the onstream direction helps activate seat loading with the spring. So, it proceeds towards the ball that is in a particular location by the trunnion. It helps tighten the sealing and create the trunnion mounted ball valve effective in low and pressure circumstances.
How is the working of the trunnion mounted ball valve?
The trunnion mounted ball valve is the quarterly turning of the valves. It shows that you require turning the actuator at 90 degrees angle to turn the trunnion mounted ball valve on or off. After turning the actuator, the ball starts moving, and bores are in the direction of the pipeline. The medium begins flowing easily. One more turning of the handle starts moving the ball so the facing of the bore is not towards the pipeline and the medium stops flowing. For instance, you need the regulation of the oil by the very critical processing units. So, here is the requirement regarding installing the trunnion mounted ball valve.
To begin the flow, keep moving the actuator toward the trunnion mounted ball valve towards the 90-degree angle. The connection of the actuator is with the stem of the trunnion mounted ball valve, whose connection is with the ball. When the rotation of the stem starts, there is also the ball’s movement. Here is the bore facing the pipeline. Therefore, this is the half-bore trunnion mounted ball valve, and there is a restriction of the flowing oil. The pressure is also low where the stream is also flowing. To stop the flowing medium, it is necessary to rotate the actuator along the stem and ball. Now, the bore of the ball is away from the pipeline. The pressure from the upstream pushes the seats near the ball for tight sealing. There is spring-loaded trunnion mounted ball valves; even the lower pressure keeps moving away from the ball. The tight sealing causes the oil flow to stop and avoid flow flowing in the internal parts of the trunnion mounted ball valve. In those applications where the pressure is high, the trunnion mounted ball valve sustains the torque as the additional pressure on the ball and seats. The trunnion absorbs its mounted ball valve. When the pressure is low in the applications, seats of the spring load of the trunnion mounted ball valve is near the ball for firm sealing formation.
Which industries are using trunnion mounted ball valve?
Due to the versatility of trunnion mounted ball valve at extreme levels, the trunnion mounted ball valve is capable enough for large size applications along with the low-temperature surroundings. Below are the industries that are using Trunnion mounted ball valve because of their extra-ordinary features:
Oil and gas industries:
The trunnion mounted ball valve is the perfect choice for some applications present in the oil and gas industries. Trunnion mounted ball valve helps in gas feeding lines, the field of the gas plants, processing the plants for industrial gases, oil refineries, and plants for the crude oil.
Trunnion mounted ball valve is most suitable for the chemical industries as it provides durability, extra-ordinary sealing, and safety.
The trunnion mounted ball valve can manage various applications, including liquids, gases, and slurries. It makes the trunnion mounted ball valve more suitable for the pipelining industry.
The trunnion mounted ball valve are useful in compressors, generators, and turbines to allow the integration and working of the power industries.
The purpose of using trunnion mounted ball valves is to facilitate hydrocarbon processing. It is the reason for the popularity of trunnion mounted ball valve in the chemical industries.
What are the maintenance tips of trunnion mounted ball valve?
The trunnion mounted ball valve doesn’t need proper maintenance. Below are the tips to increase the lifetime of the trunnion mounted ball valve:
- Keep switching the trunnion mounted ball valve from completely close to completely open twice or thrice during the operations of the more extended period. Later, returning back to its actual position. You need to do this at one time in a year.
- Service the trunnion mounted ball valve according to the requirement. Replace the driving device if necessary and remove it from the body of trunnion mounted ball valve. It is not essential for disassembling the whole trunnion mounted ball valve.
- It is not suitable to use the stem or driving device to lift the trunnion mounted ball valve
- If there are impurities in the pipelines discharging from the trunnion mounted ball valve drain.Then keep draining the water from the trunnion mounted ball valve to stop freezing in the winter season.
- For preventing the dirt and residue substances carrying on downstream, place the blowing off the line in the centre of the trunnion mounted ball valve. It is suitable for discharging all dirt and impurities.
- If there is no installation of blowing off-line, must open half of the trunnion mounted ball valve for discharge purposes. The pipeline needs to be under maintenance, and there shouldn’t be any pressure during the opening of the trunnion mounted ball valve and discharge of the valve.
- Keep injecting the grease on the sealing inside the stem of the trunnion mounted ball valve to prevent from stacking
- Always clean all the parts of the trunnion mounted ball valve It is to receive assurance regarding the working of the trunnion mounted ball valve. It refers to the assembling or disassembling area while servicing the parts of the trunnion mounted ball valve
- During the maintenance of the trunnion mounted ball valve, the opening of the relief valve and drainage plug is essential for releasing the pressure from the centre of the chamber
- After every procedure, look at the parts of the trunnion mounted ball valve concerning corrosion and wearing. It is mainly for sealing surfaces, packing, O-rings, seats, or trunnion mounted ball valve body. Change the part of the trunnion mounted ball valve if it is necessary.
- Lubrication is very important for the body of trunnion mounted ball valve and its moving parts every year.
- For oil or water servicing, there is a recommendation that inspection is essential after every three months. Monthly servicing is the requirement if the corrosion level is high.
- If the driving device is with the trunnion mounted ball valve, then do all the maintenance tasks according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Never use the trunnion mounted ball valve as the ladder when you are taking any equipment above it. Also, not hanging of extra weight on the stem, drive or any other accessories of the trunnion mounted ball valve
What is the difference between a floating ball valve and a trunnion mounted ball valve?
The main difference between the floating ball valve and the trunnion mounted ball valve is the ball’s construction and assembling of the parts in the valve’s body. The trunnion ball is fixed and placed in the middle of the valve’s body. It is the valve’s stem by the top of the shaft, and the bottom of the shaft is the trunnion. The attachment of the floating ball valve is with the valve’s stem. It results in the floating ball “floating” on the valve’s seat. In the trunnion design, the insertion of the ball is in the centre of the bottom shaft that is known as the trunnion. The fixing of the ball is between the trunnion and stem. The purpose of trunnion is to fix and keep the ball in the centre position. The pressure level starts pressing the seats across the ball to tighten. While working on the trunnion mounted ball valve, the ball doesn’t need rotation against the pressure and seats of the valve. The ball needs rotation, contradictory to the pressure from the seats. The requirement of the torque is low than the floating ball valve. The trunnion mounted ball valve is the most appropriate choice for applications with high pressure. One more advantage of using a trunnion mounted ball valve is its availability with the drain or bleed connectivity. It helps the trunnion mounted ball valve to work as multiple safety devices. Moreover, you can also use the trunnion mounted ball valve as the relief valve. It happens when the spring on the seat starts relieving automatically for draining the additional pressure back inside the mainlining.
What are the troubleshooting issues in the trunnion mounted ball valve and its solution?
The driving device and stem are unable to rotate
· Defect in the gear and bearing
· Low frequency in the working
· Less lubricating oil
· Immobile gear or trunnion mounted ball valve
· Extreme tight packing
· The rough surface of the stem
· Dirt accumulating on the trimming of the stem
· Bending or damaging of the stem
· Check the trunnion mounted ball valve in the disassembly section for accessing the bearing and checking the damage.
· Replacement of the parts if it is essential.
· Remove the cover of the gear and keep checking the damage.
· Heat up or start injecting the anti-freezing solution into the gear.
· Lose the stud that has the gland flange
· Clean out the whole stem and start adding the lubricant.
· Replacing or repairing the stem of trunnion mounted ball valve
Leakage in the surface of the sealing
· Loosing of the studs and nuts
· Damaging of the sealing surface
· Clogging of the sealing surface along with the dirt
· The incorrect placing of the switch
· Tight all the studs and nuts.
· Torque if it is necessary according to the valves of the torque.
· Replacement of the sealing materials from where is the leakage (O-rings, seals, and gaskets)
· While disassembling, check the trunnion mounted ball valve again to reach the sealing surface and flush out all the dirt.
· Fix the switch in the correct position
Leakage of the packing
· Uncompressing the packing
· Missing or damaging of the packing
· Deformation of the stem
· Uneven roundness of the stem
· Scratches present
· Again, compress the packing properly
· Change the packing and stem
· Include more packing to adjust the suitable quantity
Damaging of the centre flange
· Damage gasket
· The rough and patchy sealing surface of the flange
· Change the gasket as soon as possible
· Smooth the whole sealing surface of the flange
No properly closing of the trunnion mounted ball valve
· Incorrect installation of the limit switch of the gear
· Unsuitable installation of the driving device
· Install the limit switch again
· Reinstallation of the driving device in its correct position
There is no proper way for the medium to flow in the trunnion mounted ball valve
· No alignment of the opening of the ball along the passage of the flow
· Adjustment of the ball is essential in the proper location.
· Must check the connection of the trunnion mounted ball valve’s stem with the ball slot.