Valves are used to regulate, cut off, open the flow of liquids. They are widely applied in sugar industries for adjusting the flow of juice and water as well as regulating the steam pressure in the boiler.
Features of Valves used in Sugar Manufacturing
• Metallic valves
• Corrosion-free and wear-resistant
• Easy clean and maintain
Types of valves for the Sugar Industry
1. Control valves are commonly used in steam applications which require relatively small ball segment valves with seats made of steel or PTFE53.
2. On/off valves are used for different kinds of fluids common in the manufacturing process of sugar. The most common valve type for this purpose is the butterfly valve and ball valve. 2.1 BCST butterfly valves are used to control or shut off the flow of juice, other liquids, and steam. The butterfly valve is suited for most media and temperature ranges as its body, disc, and seat are all made from stainless steel. For regulating sugar-juices, a sealed shaft might be the best alternative since it keeps the bearings free of solidified sugar. For vacuum working condition and other steam, however, a valve with a hard-chromed shaft is the best choice.
2.2 BALL SEGMENT VALVES– AVAILABLE IN MANY DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR THE SUGAR INDUSTRY
Ball segment valves are commonly used for differential control applications in the sugar industry, this is because the valves have a large flow-opening. Furthermore, the seat is positioned to prevent wear from the media.
- The stainless-steel-valve is available with three different seat-options.
• Seat is suitable for fluids and steam with a temperature up to 170 degrees C.
• Soft seat for temperatures as high as 200 degrees C.
• Seat intended for steam with even higher temperatures.
Regardless of which ball segment valve you choose the seat can easily be exchanged for a different one afterward. There are flanged or wafer design for The ball segment valve .
BCST pneumatic and the electric ball valve are also used for on/off applications in the sugar industry.
BCST Valve supplies valves that work with precision and sturdiness across applications in a sugar mill.
The sugar industry has strict requirements on the process, and at BCST we have taken these to heart as design criteria for our actuators. BCST actuators are made from aluminum with special surface treated and stainless steel. In this way, BCST adapts to the control requirements of the sugar industry. The actuator exerts its maximum torque at the fully open or closed position and therefore the optimal function is assured.
Sugar Mills factory in Brazil ordered from BCST numbers of pneumatic control valve and on/off valves, pressure rating 25 kg, size ranges from DN15 to DN50, After one month of production, BCST finishes all pneumatic b valves, now the valves are packed for delivery.